Revised on May 1, 2018 Effective on May 25, 2018
We at Ontic Technologies, Inc. take your privacy seriously. Below is a detailed description of our privacy practices:
(1) What personal data do we collect about you?
Newsletter: Email address (first name optional)
(2) Why do we collect this data?
We collect it for the following purposes:
(a) To provide you informative content about protective intelligence, updates about ProtectiveIntelligence.com (or Ontic Technologies, Inc.), and to promote related company interests.
(3) What is our legal basis for collecting and processing your data?
Per the GDPR, we must be explicit in stating our legal basis for collecting and processing your data. Your consent forms the basis for our data collection and processing. All newsletters and related communications from Ontic Technologies, Inc. contain an “unsubscribe” link on the bottom of the email to rescind your consent to be emailed by us. As a second option, firstname.lastname@example.org can be reached to request removal from our email list.
*Opt-In for Newsletter: You must grant consent.
(4) Who has access to the collected data?
The editor-in-chief of Ontic Technologies, Inc. & ProtectiveIntelligence.com processes all collected data. In addition, we use third-party services to support our website. These include the following:
- Email marketing platforms
- Survey platforms
- Marketing funnel platforms
(5) User Activity Tracking & Cookies
(6) How long do we store your data?
For email newsletter opt-ins, we store data for a period of 5 years.
*Data will be stored for a longer period, should a legal claim arise relating to the data.
(7) Right to request corrections, erasure, and export of your data.
You are entitled to control your personal data, to include the following rights:
- The right to be informed: We are informing you now with this policy.
- The right of access: We’ll provide you with the data we have about you.
- The right to rectification: Request we fix incorrect data about you.
- The right to erasure: Request we erase certain data about you.
- The right to restrict processing: Ask us to restrict certain types of processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability: Ask us to provide your personal data for export.
- The right to object: Object to how we use your data.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling: We don’t profile you.
To exercise any of these rights, please email email@example.com with your request.
(8) Where is your data stored (country)?
Our organization is based in the US and your data is collected and held here.
(9) Additional Concerns
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns not addressed here. If, after contacting us, you feel a privacy issue has not be resolved, you have the right to file a complaint with a Supervisory Authority such as the Data Protection Commissioner of Ireland.
Ontic Technologies, Inc.
Bld. 2 Suite 100, 500 N Capital of Texas Hwy,
Austin, TX 78746